Trio has the responsibility to facilitate and enable change within the childcare workforce, and all that is implied within that statement, especially to understand the situation from an objective standpoint (to step back, and be non-judgemental) and then to help people understand reasons, aims and ways of responding positively according to own situations and capabilities.
Trio's role is to interpret, communicate and enable - not to instruct and impose
Trio continue to develop their portfolio of end-state, instrumental and ethical values analysing what is important to our organisation, describing key principles that need to remain integral to our business and finally discuss how we believe is the right way for people within our organisation to behave building upon our underlying belief of quality.
These values will underpin any recruitment, induction or staff training and team building continuously and are shaped within the culture of our Company.
It's also important to realise that there is a crucial distinction between espoused values and values that are actually acted upon.
As individuals working for Trio, we will:
- Keep our promises, remain dependable and approachableli
- Own up to practical job limitations whilst ensuring alternative support is signposted
- Be positive, even in negative situations
- Rise to challenges in a positive way
- Offer solutions rather than just say 'it can't be done' - it can with Trio
- Practice what we preach
- Respect and value differences, share strengths within a team whilst acknowledging areas of knowledge that need developing
- Make a conscious effort to role model behaviour we want to see
- Remain honest and trustworthy
- Ask for help as and when needed without feeling undermined
- Challenge discrimination of any sort at all times
- Think before we say/act/send/drive/print/throw away/spend /request
These values are embedded into our Staff Handbook.
Evaluations from everything we do will include a measure of meeting our value for the purpose.